Homeowners alike desire to spruce up their home or landscape in preparation for welcoming guests. Curb appeal says a lot about your home, whether you’ve invited friends and family over for a visit or selling your house. A maintained front lawn and outdoor space is basically like a first impression and could increase your home’s value. Although the colorful blooms of spring are long gone, there are ways to add color, depth, and beauty to your landscape and appeal to homebuyers.
What is curb appeal exactly?
You might be asking yourself this question. Curb appeal means what your home looks like from the outside when you drive up. You might not fully grasp the scope of your home’s curb appeal unless you leave your home, and then drive up undistracted.
Take a moment to do this and then ask yourself these questions:
- What sticks out as the first thing that you see?
- What looks attractive about your landscape?
- Are there any overgrown bushes, shrubs, or trees?
- Are there weeds sprouting in every inch of the flower beds?
- Is the landscape thoughtfully laid out, or is it cluttered and pieced together?
- Are your plants and landscape material dated?
Depending on how you answer these questions will reveal the truth behind your home’s curb appeal. One study indicates that attractive curb appeal actually could increase your home’s value by as much as 5 to 11%, which could make a difference in your list price, appraisal, and profit.
It is common for homeowners to know that their landscape needs a facelift, but aren’t sure where to start or how to go about accomplishing the task. Not sure where to start, but already know your landscape is in need of a makeover?
Here’s what to do if you need to spruce up your home’s curb appeal
- Put your lawn on a schedule – commit to a lawn maintenance schedule of watering, mowing, and pruning your landscape regularly.
- Plant updated greenery – choose plants that compliment your yard size. Avoid trees, shrubs, or bushes that will easily become overgrown or are hard to control if you have a small yard.
- Invest in functional plants – consider adding climbing plants that are visually appealing, and add privacy to your property.
How to stage your landscape when selling your home
Enhancing your home’s curb appeal doesn’t have to be expensive. But, it may require some sweat and elbow grease!
Check out these tips from our landscaping professionals in Kingsport at Promier Landscapes:
- Add color by planting flowering plants
- Repair light fixtures
- Get a new mailbox (or refinish your existing one)
- Add window planters
- Use hedges or evergreens to create privacy
- Keep your lawn healthy
If you’re selling your home and your lawn needs a makeover, consider hiring Promier Landscapes by calling (423) 246-7977. We provide lawn mowing in Kingsport and landscape design in Johnson City. To learn more about our services, schedule a consultation, or contact us today. We invite you to browse photos of our finished project to get an idea of what to expect.